Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Incompetence, part 2

Försäkringskassan continues to push the limits of how many amateur mistakes they can make in the realm of getting a piece of paper from one place to another.

The guy who is in charge of my case called me and said that he had received a copy of my employment contract but had not received the registration form.

I mentioned that I had sent the two in the same envelope.

I was told to send it again, and -- that's right -- to yet another new address.

During the conversation he was looking at my file in the population database (folkbokföringsregister) and said "Really, since you're a citizen, this isn't going to be a problem or anything."

Isn't it??

I've already been trying to get myself registered with you people for over two months. And what you're saying is that all the info that I've filled out on the registration form -- name, address, personal identification number, and that I'm a Swedish citizen -- is already right in front of your face on your computer screen...

No, I'm sure it will be no problem. I mean, seriously, what could go wrong?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First, I think at this point that you're allowed to use the word "fuck", frequently and in many different forms, during your explanation. This is almost outrageously funny. The only reason it's not, is that it looks more and more like you're not going to get your money, ever. That'll suck when it comes to retirement.

Bummer.

Or, to quote Satchel, "The sadness kills the funny."